Sunday, November 23, 2014

10 BEST OF KPOP 2014

Hey guys! As we're approaching the end of 2014, it's time to look back and list the best kpop songs/comebacks of the year. This was a super hard list to make and definitely not set in stone because all of the songs are amazing and all were probably at my the number one spot at some point in the year. My criteria for deciding which song is the best basically looks at the whole package. The song's composition and catchiness, the music video quality, and how well it speaks to me. There are so many other songs I wish I could've included too, but here's my list of the BEST OF KPOP 2014:

1. 2PM- Go Crazy
This song definitely is a highlight of the year for me because of it's silliness, craziness, and super-catchiness. Regarding the music video, it's simply amazing because of the boy's cute expressions and crazy antics. It's a great party song and always gets me super hyped up whenever I need some energy. I think Nickhun's line is definitely my favorite, although I really enjoy all of Wooyoung's lines too, and I love when they all get in a conga line dance. Everything about the music video is just adorable and crazy and super fun and I loved all of it!! :D


2. B2ST- Good Luck
 
Okay, this song and 2pm's were extremely close and at one point tied for the best song of the year in my eyes. It was indescribable. When it first came out I was extremely pleased and shocked because of how good this song was. I loved loved loved everything about it. From the overall composition of the song, to the incredible dance (the part above is obviously my favorite), to Junhyung's rap.......which was also perfect in my mind, even though it was kinda cheesy x) It was all just beautiful and I still love singing along to it. What really gets me is Yoseb's amazing singing in the beginning and then the short dubstep lead into the rest of the song just................it amazes me to a whole 'nother level. I've had just the intro on repeat for several times this year.


3. Taeyang- Eyes, Nose, Lips
This year really struck gold with guy releases because, at number three, Taeyang's song was absolutely breathtaking. In terms of songs that can change the world, I really think that this is one of those kinds of inspirational songs and would definitely get number one in that kind of category. I'd love to cover it maybe one day, even with my average voice. In the video, we got to see Taeyang shirtless again, which is always a plus, and hear the emotion running through his voice. Seriously though, this song is racked with emotion and breaks my heart every time I listen to it. According to Taeyang's interviews, he focused this album on a girl who got away and who he still misses sometimes, which makes the song all the more emotionally deep and real.


4. 4minute- Whatcha doin' Today (오늘 뭐해)
Yayyyy!!! A girl group!! They rank fourth on my list of best kpop of the year, but I think for best girl group song of the year, it would have to go to 4minute. I know, I know what about SNSD and 2NE1??!?! Their songs are definitely ear candy too and I especially LOVE 2NE1's album this year, all of the songs on the album speak to me. But I'd have to say I absolutely believe that 4minute's song is the best this year because this song is super fun, energetic, and JiHyun's part is so cute!!! I also love both Hyuna's and JiYoon's raps because you can "ROCK IT KILL IT THAT'S HOW YOU DO IT" xD I mean just look at them, especially with GaYoon holding a faceless horse doll, saying "오늘 뭐해" It's super cute and their lipstick is on point! The video has a harlem shake-like feeling to it, but it definitely captures a silliness and fun aspect of the girls.


5. Sistar's Soyu and Junggigo- Some
Adorable, cute, and very very sweet, I know you know this song, Soyu and Junggigo's Some!!!!!! They won many awards for this song and I completely agree because it captured a lovely feeling and the video with B1a4's Baro and Sistar's Dasom is tooo cute<3 They were so silly and sweet as a couple in the music video and showed the push and pull of being in love. Even Soyu and Junggigo had chemistry on stage when they sang live too, because they were both smiling sweetly at each other. Just look at how cute they are together in this pic~ ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!!


 6. 2NE1- Gotta Be You
Now that we're halfway through, I'll try to shorten my responses. Maybe it's because I'm Bommie biased and this song really highlights her voice, I think number 6 would go to this song. This video is pretty simple but the song makes up for it. Why this song and not Come Back Home?? I myself have no idea why. Come Back Home is beautifully written and the music video tells a great song, but I guess, as you can see by now, I have a tendency toward more upbeat, danceable party songs. That doesn't mean that I don't like ballads or other songs, I actually really love them. I just have a preference toward these kinds of songs. Also, I think there also needs to be like a subcategory, or maybe like a 6a. because CL's song on this album MTBD is pretty damn awesome. 

7. GOT7- "A"
I think GOT7 is my favorite rookie group of the year, because of this song and also their dancing. The song has a simple, sweet tone, but it still really draws you in. I really really recommend watching these videos if you haven't because their energy shows throughout the dance and when the song hits its climax the energy level also rises and it shows in their dance. They look like they're having so much fun together. When I hear their shoes squeaks and their HA!s, it feels like I'm in a different place. It's kinda like when you witness such an incredible spontaneous, yet synchronized event, it makes you feel mentally awed at that person's ability to create such a phenomenal moment. Boyfriend also has this moment in their dance practice for Obsession.


8. AKMU- Give love and "200"
These two are tied because they have a similar feeling, but they are both remarkably charming and endearing. Seriously though, these two are adorable! They seem to have such a sweet sibling relationship and the music that they make are particular to themselves. Their sound is very distinctive and their videos are hilariously delightful.


9. Teen Top- Missing
 I'm really happy with this song because they have matured from the horrible colorful costumes and also because the song is infused with an intense emotional sadness. This is mostly due to Niel and Chunji's spectacular voices and then when the song reaches C.A.P.'s rap how it all wraps together is just astonishing. The music video is impressive and the dance is extremely powerful and well-executed.


10. Kara- Mamma Mia
I hadn't been avidly listening to Kara, but I had been keeping tabs on them when they added Youngji and I'm glad I did because this song drew me in right away. It's a song you can dance to, the video's great, and overall the atmosphere of the song is super refreshing,

Other Notable Songs of the Year:
-Winner's Empty and Color Ring (and Mino's 걔 세(I'm him))
-Orange Caramel's Catellena and My Copycat (I also love Gangnam Ave but it's not as popular)
-BLOCK B's Jackpot and H.E.R.
-All of BTS's songs this year
-Boyfriend's Obsession
-Sistar, Hyuna's Red, Girl's Day...etc.
-PLUS SO MUCH MORE

There are literally so many more songs that came out this year, but this is the ten best in my opinion. Let me know what you're ten favorites of Kpop 2014 in the comments below :)

No comments:

Post a Comment